Why Leftover makeover ???!!
Well before answering that question let me introduce myself.
This is Padma here from Chennai (India). I always wanted to create a blog and this is my starting of this wonderful journey...
This blog which I'm creating is out of my experiments & experiences with food. Many a times it so happens that we cook more food than required & we don't know what to do with the leftover.
Sometimes we give away the food maybe to the housemaid or a needy, but most of the time we don't get people to give it away & we waste it.
This blog is basically for making over delicious new thing from the leftovers... Yes!!!, you heard it right. That's why I named the blog "Leftover Makeover".
I am a foodmaniac & I like to try new recipes & food outside. Let me confess, I love eating & I dont like to waste food, be it at home or otherwise. My friends say that you miss many delicious things as you are a vegetarian, but my answer to them has always been "Am happy with what I am & we too have lot of options".I try them out & of course try on near & dear ones as well (most of the time on others :) ) and they have turned out good.
From now on I would like to share my ideas with you .. They may not be new but yes they will remind you of many things which you can do with food...Lets start then
Makeover recipe - 1 Makeover Kheer
Let me start with something sweet.
This is festival time.. & everybody would be making some or the other sweets like ladoo,kaju katli,badam katli etc. etc. but after a few days you would be bored having these sweets.. What do you do ?
Well lets see
Ingredients : Serves 2-3
Boondi Ladoo - 2
Kaju katli - 4-5
Pista rolls - 4-5
Milk - 1 litre
Dry fruits of your choice to garnish
Method :
1) Crush the ladoo to make boondi, & grind the remaining sweets to coarse paste
2) Boil the milk till it becomes 3/4 of a litre. then add the ground sweets & demoulded ladoo to it.
3) let it boil till the sweets mix well i.e for around 5 minutes.
4) Remove from heat and garnish with dry fruits of your choice.
Your leftover sweets have now turned to delicious new kheer avatar.
Note : You don't need to add sugar as the sweets already contain enough sugar in them.But you can adjust to your taste.
Nice!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete